ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Organization Name Change

From: Franko Allan <allan.franko at cancerboard.ab.ca>

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:07:49 UTC

Message:

Don,

Aerobatics Canada may be nearly comatose, but it sanctions three or four contests a
year - exactly as many as local clubs are able to put on.  These sanctions provide
the following:  (i) insurance for everything not covered by competitors' insurance -
something IAC would have a difficult time arranging in Canada; (ii) a blueprint for
obtaining the necessary approvals from Transport Canada - something that would
benefit little from knowing how to deal with the FAA; and (iii) instructions to
follow the IAC rulebook

It's #3 that stimulates so much interest among Canadians in what goes on in the
States.

I thought the Championship of the Americas was a great idea.  Never did hear a good
explanation for why it was discontinued.  Or any explanation, now that I think about
it.

Allan Franko
Aerobatics Canada #143    IAC 7513
(Unhappily retired from competition by rule changes)

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn