ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Organization Name Change

From: Michael Cook <michael.cook at themikes.com>

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:16:53 UTC

Message:

  on 4/19/02 3:33 PM, miki golan wrote:

> In regard to many ACRO replies saying patronising things about Israel
> only because a single Israeli IAC member(me) post here - I was
> simply reminded of an H.L. Mencken quote: "No one ever went broke
> underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

Just out of curiosity, would you expand upon your use of this quote? It
sounds like you do not have much respect for Americans. But surely I am
misinterpreting your use of the quote. It almost sounds like you think
Israel's only friend is made up of a bunch of stupid people. Surely that is
not what you mean, or is it?

> Currently my instructor is still
> playing with landings himself, before he switches seats with me
> attempting to prevent me from breaking it on my 1st landing, which
> I'm sure many would love to hear about (pun intended).

I don't see the pun. I do not believe that there is one member of this forum
that would take any pleasure in you breaking your Pitts.

Michael Cook