ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: PITTS S1 FUEL TANK PROBLEM

From: "John" <jprince at iglou.com>

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:18:16 UTC

Message:

    My second Pitts S1S (factory) had a crack at the middle back of the tank
(450hrs.).  Pulled it, took it to a welding shop who did work for GE aircraft engines'
who I believed were  OK,  had a Al patch put on about 8x8. It looked better than the factory tank welds.   Never had a problem after that(200hrs.).

John N3DR