ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Experimental Exhibition

From: Klein Gilhousen <kleing at qualcomm.com>

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:42:08 UTC

Message:

I suspect this is mainly an issue for people who are purchasing
"pre-moratorium" (I think this is the right nomenclature) experimental
exhibition airplanes.  The operating limitations for these airplanes didn't
have the 300 mile "leash" that current exp exh planes have.  I believe that
some of the early Sukhoi SU-26 types had operating limitations without such
limitations.  If you were to purchase such an airplane, it sure would be
nice to keep those operating limitations rather than have your local FSDO
guy give you new ones with the current 300 mi limitations.  I've been told
(by airplane sales guys trying to sell me an airplane) that the old
operating limits would still be valid.  But I don't know for sure.

If your plane is not one of these then getting new operating limitations
from your local FSDO shouldn't be a big deal.

Klein Gilhousen
Bozeman, MT