ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Experimental Exhibition

From: "William Wade" <chipmunk at uninets.net>

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:12:05 UTC

Message:

Experimental/ Exhibition aircraft with an airworthiness cert issued prior
to July 9, 1993 do not have a range limitation, and an inspector cannot
impose one unless you request it. (Don't ask me why you would want to, it's
just written that way). See Section 3b. of Notice 8130.65, which I obtained
from Guenther's website.
  I have a pre-moratorium plane and decided to get a new A/C. To my great
relief there was never any question of altering the limitations.
  Since the Sukhoi in question has a program letter I suspect it is post-
moratorium in which case Section 6 would probably apply. The best answer
would be to ask the current FSDO, but check the regs too. I checked one FSDO
when I was buying and they said I should ask for the restrictions! My home
FSDO was much more sensible.  -Bill