ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] International Aerobatics

From: Akrowood at aol.com

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:47:06 UTC

Message:

  There is an international aerobatic association. CIVA . Why do we need a club
that is supposedly international in scope, yet does not sanction any
international contests
The WAC and AWAC are CIVA contests. Aren't they? They follow the CIVA rule
book. Don't they? If I'm not mistaken it is the CIVA rule book that the IAC
'chooses' to follow certain parts of and disregard other parts of as it
pleases. Do we really need this level of beaurocracy? Why does the IAC select
a U.S. national champion and not any other countries' champion?
Why don't we make CIVA the International governing/policing body made up of
delegates from the 'national' clubs? sorry, I frogot, we've already done
that.
I don't want to 'make' those from other countries join our club in the U.S. I
would just like to have a club that has the interests of those in the U.S.
first on its list. I'm sure that the British club isn't contemplating the
problems of the American aerobatic pilots as one of its first priorities.
Certian problems, such as dwindling membership, needs the attention of all of
the aerobatic pilots no matter the nationality.
We need an international association, one that helps the national clubs work
together to solve these kinds of problems.
We don't need to change the name of the IAC. I'm not really sure that we need
the IAC at all.
What we need is an American Aerobatic Club.

Tony Wood