ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: antenna info

From: "Ron Spencer" <splitimagewing at earthlink.net>

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:55:46 UTC

Message:

Ahh the pathetic Pitts radio situation!

Interesting subject...got a possible theory on why Pitts' radios are notoriously poor transmit quality.

I don't know why as I am not an engineer (don't own a pocket protector), but as we all know , we can't live without em, (engineers, that is)!  So here it is...

I suspect the flying wires of the Pitts effect transmissions, (not reception).

Comments?

An example of this problem could be the Ford Tauraus situation whereby the AM radio reception was interephered with by...get this...the ball bearings in the wheels.  No, I did not make this up.

-RS-