ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] HAMMERS REVISITED

From: "charles chadwick" <bubbaron at bellatlantic.net>

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:47:26 UTC

Message:

For all of you who offered me advice on my hammers, the results are in. After several hundred of these "puppies" it appears my biggest problem was not waiting long enough for the kick.  The B needs to get into the buffet and I never really experienced that in the A.  There seems to be a healthy bit of right aileron just before the kick.  I just kept doing them slower and slower until at some point it felt  "very different"... SLOW, then the kick and "holy cow Batman", a real hammer.  That "sweet spot" someone mentioned, is now hopefully, firmly chiseled in my ass and I can work on the next problem.

Thanks again for all the info.

"Grasshopper" done good.

Ron Chadwick