ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re:

From: Klusmanp at aol.com

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:43:15 UTC

Message:

  I had somebody explain it to me as the tip of the forward-moving wing is
still flying while the aft-moving wing is completely stalled. Forward stick
(nose down) leans the lift vector of the forward moving wing more forward.
The aft moving wing is still stalled and does not change its lift (drag)
vector. The net result is rotation speed increases.

It would be interesting to put some yarn tufts on the upper surface of a low
wing airplane and observe the areas of the wing that are stalled during a
spin. I'll bet NACA already did this years ago.

Paul Klusman
Pitts S-1S (hopefully in about another month or so)