Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] MT on S2 Results...

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] MT on S2 Results...

Thread: [Acro] MT on S2 Results...

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:55:07 UTC

Thanks to all who responded- very good data- helped me work thru the rpm issue. I found that, after cleaning the governor up a bit, doing a couple of test flights, and adjusting the high rpm stop out 1 1/8 turns (before which the rpm on the Hartzell was fine)- and despite the large "dead band" of prop control travel which lead me to believe I was on the hard "high rpm" stop- the MT spun right up to 2700. Vibs are way down, climb is way up, accel on the runway is way up, and cruise looks about the same so far. Throttle response is much better also. An FYI on this prop- I believe, after doing many ground runs on both props,  that the MT generates much more "tip vortices" than the Hartzell did, even at idle, and when running on the ground probably has much more chance of vacuuming up FOD. I think keeping this in mind will keep blade damage down. Otherwise all is great....

Doug Partl
IAC Tech
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn