ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Decathlon battery/starter

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith"<petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:57:59 UTC

Message:

Funny, I have had one now for 2.5 years and its working like a charm. The
thing is I don't have an alternator. It gets topped up after every 2nd
flight or so.

I suspect that the people that are having problems with battery life may
actually have an alternator/regulator that is somehow overcharging the
battery.

I've had two Prestolites and one B&C. With the B&C starter you can
practically taxi the plane by just spinning the starter ;)

Peter