ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Decathlon battery/starter

From: Bill French <wrfrench at cogeco.ca>

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:07:25 UTC

Message:

  I have a Decathlon with a PowerSonic 12330 gel cell - at least 2 years
old - turns the engine over with lots of gusto even after sitting in the
cold for at least a month.

Then multiple starts to trouble shoot a leaking governor without any
charging.

Just loked at PowerSonic's web site and thet recommend charging at 14.4
to 14.7 Volts.

I'm also using the original starter supplied by Bellanca - If I remember
correctly I had a similar problem until I increased the charging to the
above values. Now gwt at least 4 years per battery.

Bill French