ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Wing wire tension on S1T

From: SpeedDr at aol.com

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:25:06 UTC

Message:

     I checked my flying wires today with the Aviat tensionometer.  They were
all  325lb., + /- 25lb. with all ailerons in perfect trail. There was no
aileron trim needed last flight.   I proceeded to adjust them to the
recommended 700lb tension for 1/4 inch flying wires.  This causes the upper
aileron trailing edge to be 1/2 inch high out of trail,equally on both sides.
  I realize that the aileron slave struts will need to be adjusted, but 1/2
inch seems  to be a large amount of displacement!   Could anyone with rigging
experience guess what  unknown   twist I have either newly introduced or
eliminated from my wings?  And what flying quality to expect.  This aircraft
has never been checked in its 300 hours since new. I suppose everything
uniformly had sagged.  On my last S2B, the ailerons were sagging  on top, and
a retension  of flying and landing wires brought them into perfect trail.
This seems different.  And why is there no rudder trim on a "T"?
                                      Rick Volker