ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: I: S-2B Engine Mounts

From: "Fly" <fly at vigoris.net>

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:20:51 UTC

Message:

For what it's worth:   I helped chase a cockpit vibration in a Cessna 310R  that just had fresh engines installed and new barry mounts.     This plane was used for flight test data acquistion.  The throttle quadrant still had good amount of tingle.   Eventually, the problem was solved by changing from Barry mounts to Lord mounts.
 I have heard of this remedy in two other instances on  single engines.
At the time, there were quite a difference in price between Barry and Lord.  Now I hear both cost about the same.

Kent Felkins
Tulsa