ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] M14P Engines

From: "Richard Goode" <richard.goode at russianaeros.com>

Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 17:26:21 UTC

Message:

M14P Engines

I understand that when hot oil pressure is 55 psi - = 3.6 bar, but with oil pressure adjustment fully screwed down?

If this is the case, a possibility is too thin an oil - if you are in hot climates, don't use multigrade, but use W120 oil.

If nevertheless oil pressure is still at this level, then I would suspect there is something wrong with the engine, simply because it is designed to contain a minimum of 4 bar, still having reserve within the adjustment.

Certainly the Russians (and of course they are very strict about these things) say that the engine cannot be operated at normal operating rpm at less than 4 bar (= 60 psi).

All the above is of course assuming that the whole oil system is clean and working properly - we have found oil tanks completely clogged with plastic oil bottle rings etc!

Richard Goode

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Newport House
Almeley