ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: US license to European (Swiss) license

From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Hans=20VanAmsterdam?= <hans_pitts at yahoo.co.uk>

Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:24:12 UTC

Message:

  I am living in France and have a french license.
Transferring this french license to the JAR license is
already trouble. My flight instructors tell me: "don't
bother, wait until they change the rules, maybe it
becomes easier". I understand (maybe not correct) that
some more flight instruction is required (instrument
flight) and some theory as well.
Conditions seem to be different in each country.
Maybe your friend can transfer his US license into
the Belgium license. (Transfer from US to French
license used to be easy in the past.)

Hope that helps,
                 Hans.

I have a co-worker that is from Belgium. While on