ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: ICAS & Aerobatic Cometency Cards

From: Cudahy at aol.com

Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:17:40 UTC

Message:

  Dave:

You are misinformed in a number of areas. You assert several times in your
message that it takes 10 minutes to process a Statement of Aerobatic
Competency. On a problem-free application (and there are precious few of
those), you are off by four or five hundred percent.  Your assertion that
ICAS "sits on" an ACE application for 30 days is simply not true. Our rush
charge was implemented as a tool to prevent pilots from calling us on
Wednesday and demanding a new card to fly in a show that weekend. Our typical
turnaround time is five or six business days. Not sure what kind of extensive
research you conducted to determine that the average ACE charges $150. This
is also not true and not supported by the dozens of conversations that I've
had with ACEs over the last five years. Dave, before you spend too much time
encouraging revolt, it might make sense for you to call the ICAS office and
actually talk with somebody about this situation you feel so strongly about.

John Cudahy
President
International Council of Air Shows