Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: ICAS - Fees

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: ICAS - Fees

Thread: [Acro] Re: ICAS - Fees

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:35:58 UTC

Dear Knuckle-head,

Please ........ for what you pay for and in the hands of a competent pilot, the Pitts Special has one of the best cost/performance ratios, if not the best,  of any aerobatic airplane.  It doesn't deserve your vivid comparison ....... :-(

Paul Logue
Pitts lover
Suwanee, GA

Dleedom at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> It's the knuckle head here that started this food fight again.
> I agree the Feds should be doing it. However, in the post 9-11 environment, trying to wean the FAA from a program that runs its self, the FAA can place demands on with no cost to them and is already in place is a pipe dream. All of this so about 350 of us can participate in an activity that the press and lots of tax payers see as crazy, irresponsible, unsafe, expensive and noisy.
> We are a group that ranges from 65hp Aeroncas (maybe $15K) doing comedy acts to multi million dollar war birds and jets doing impressive displays. We have people from very modest incomes to independently wealthy. Some folks doing airshows for charities and local home town crowds others making thier livings from it. $200 is lunch money for some and half a weeks salary for others. Collectivly we can't agree on anything other than a love of flying and performing.
> I over heard a P-51 owner/pilot bad mouth T-6s for being parked on the "war bird" ramp. He about blew a gasket when the L-4s etc were parked there.
> We don't need this class warfare thing. I used to have a Champ, it was all a young AF Lt with a family could afford, now I own a Pitts for which I payed well over 6 times what the Champ sold for. It's a real blast compared to the Champ, it's a piece of crap compared to an Edge. Maybe some day I'll have a Edge or a Suk. I never though I would be able to have a Pitts at one time.
> I strongly suspect that if ICAS was out of the ACE bussiness the Feds would just look around for another company to do the work for them and let them charge us for it. ICAS is doing it for cost, I doubt the next company would. Not how it should be maybe, but how it is.
> I think G_202 was just having fun, he is right that $200 or $250 dosn't go very far in aviation.
> How about some posts with constructive ideas on how to increase participation in contest and airshows?
> Wishing everyone the best,
> Keep'em Flyin,
> Dave
>

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn