ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Contest Scoring Program

From: George Norris <gbnv35b at yahoo.com>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:24:23 UTC

Message:

  For what it's worth, I created a contest registration
spreadsheet in Excel for our last contest that
automates some of the things listed below (creating
random orders of flight with provisions for multiple
pilot aircraft detection, boundary judge/chief judge
forms, special award computations, and, of course,
income reconcilation and deposit slips).  The idea was
to simplfy the registrar's job, since we ended up
being CD's/resgistrar's at our last contest.  Overall
it worked out pretty well and I updated it after the
contest to cover the rougher spots.

It could be made significantly more functional if it
linked to/from the IAC scoring program data files
(currently manual).  Adding the volunteer sheets with
pilot conflict detection is another good area for
future development.

If anyone is interested, it is on the web at:
http://members.cox.net/gnorris29/ledger/cl.htm

Feedback is encouraged ... however, all of the usual
disclaimers apply, "use at your own risk", "no
warranty expresed or implied as to suitability...",
"your milage may vary", ...