ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Contest Scoring Program

From: Michael Cook <michael.cook at themikes.com>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:23:14 UTC

Message:

  on 5/23/02 10:50 AM, autotech at flash.net wrote:

> Re:  scoring program,
>
> Rudi has developed a scannable scoresheet system that has been used at the
> nats among other places.  Plus his "real-time" score presentation system.
> It's all very complicated, and judging from the hubbub that usually surrounds
> its use, I suspect that it requires a fair amount of technical skill and
> patience to keep operating.

Pretty interesting...

There have been a few emails saying Rudy is about to finish a new program. I
have received an email from a board member that says Rudy is NOT working on
a new program. So, is he or isn't he?

There have been a lot of ideas bandied about but apparently the IAC has not
considered what they want and are doing nothing to pursue it.

There are many ways to automate a lot of the processes and to make it all
easier. If the IAC wants a new program and if Rudy is NOT working on one,
the IAC should post a specification about the features they would like and
then ask if someone will write it.