ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Contest Scoring Program

From: "autotech at flash.net" <autotech@flash.net>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:16:34 UTC

Message:

  Ben,

Thanks for the expansion on your program.  I have frequently related my one and only experience flying in a UK contest.  You started at 10am with a rather formal and liesurely briefing.  Then, no radios, no holding pattern, and we got in 78 flights in one day.  I forever lost my patience with us struggling to get in 30 - 40 flights per day over here and having "1 flight" contests.

You note that your system delivers the JPF.  I greatly wish this was a standard feature here.  I'm told that the political powers the be (whoever that is) don't want JPFs created as publicly as competitor's scores.  I've never understood this  Apparently, one can write to Rudi or somebody and get your own JPF's after a contest's scores are submitted to headquarters, but let's face it, nobody has that much energy.  I'd like to see the JPF's posted on the wall at the contest right along with the scores.  As a judge, I really do want to know if I've gone astray and work to improve my contribution.

Oh well.

Don

http://mail2web.com/ .