ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Contest Scoring Program

From: "TOM ADAMS" <flickroll at csi.com>

Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:43:16 UTC

Message:

  Don and Ben,
  I have to tell you, I feel as Don does.  Rudy said the JPF is in the
system we use now, it is just not plumed in to produce the JPF's without
doing some geek stuff. Rudy goes into the computer room and comes out with
the JPF"S at Nationals and it's the same program used at the regionals. I'm
not a computer guru and I may be mistaken but I am sure that Rudy said the
program was JPF capable.
 NOW..Why is it that the BOD and officers will not make the JPF's available?
The JPF's would allow, were they published, each judge to see where they
were in the over all spectrum.It would show them where they needed to
improve themselves in order to be a better judge.JPF's are a 'No
Brainer"..They might not be as accurate a method for telling how a judge is
doing as some real bright computer type could come up with BUT it's what's
here and what we got..Lets use it!!!!! Worst case scenario...Judges would be
informed as to how they are doing and whether or not they should do some
home work....Best case scenario...Those judges who are offended /embarrassed
by having the world see their JPF's and feel they do not need to get up to
speed ,will take a hike. NOW..that is what the leadership is afraid
of...They feel,I guess, that publishing the JPF's would be
...What?...Politically incorrect?  I guess they think the judges don't want
to know how they are stacking up.I think they are wrong.
 Look at this JPF thing in another light..If the JPF's were posted each
flight/contest the host chapter could give 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies
to the 3 top judges.To go a little farther, all the pilots see their annual
National standing  in SA each year..With JPF the same could be done for the
judges....BUT..I personally do not see any of this happening. It would not
be politically correct.

Quote..OH WELL un-quote
 Tom Adams
IAC 1999