ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Box Marker Setup

From: jeffery at texas.net

Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:56:09 UTC

Message:

  The question is, "How much corn will the farmer let you chop down to make the
panels visible when not directly overhead?"  Using a plane to determine panel
visibility as a function of cleared crop area would be mandatory.  Or I guess
you could trig it out.  More fun to fly...

Jeffery Poehlmann

> Re:  box markers in corn,
>
> Yeah, we used to do it at McGregor.
>
> 1.   GPS to find the general vicinity
> 2.   Airplane or helicopter overhead to help with orientation and "yeah, that
looks about
right."
> 3.   Big stick to deal with rattlesnakes.  seriously.
> 4.   The first person that whines about the crooked box gets delegated the
task of doing
it next year.