ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Box Marker Setup

From: jeffery at texas.net

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:12:18 UTC

Message:

  Another alternative for panel markers is to use white woven poly "fabric" used
to make bags for feed and seed.  It comes off the roll as a continous tube
(making it easier to create bags), but can be cut to length, then cut along its
length and unfolded.  This material is cheap, very durable and doesn't allow
water to stand.  Not sure how you could fasten the stuff to the tops of 8ft
high corn stalks, like the previous post implied.  We stake ours to the ground
using long spike nails with large washers under the heads.  I purchased the bag
material from a supplier of containers and packaging materials, listed in the
yellow pages.  White contractors poly sheet would also work well, if you can
get it in the thicker grade (>3 mil), but I've not had any luck locating a
source for the white or semi-clear (?) stuff.  It's all black.  Guess if we
competed over snow that would work?  Good luck.

Jeffery Poehlmann