ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Auto mailers to the list

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 05:32:06 UTC

Message:

Hi anonymous,

Out of office messages are an important part of the email system.
They tell people that they may not get a response when they send
you email.  Unfortunately it is impossible to turn off this
response if the message comes from an email list. If you have
something important to say, I am sure that you will be able to
tolerate these out-of-office messages.

BTW, posting messages anonymously as you do is much more frowned
upon that out-of-office replies.

Guenther
Dr. Guenther Eichhorn          | gei at cfa.harvard.edu
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA
CPL,ASMELS,Glider,LBH,IA,CFI   | Pitts S-2A: N1GE
DC-3 type rating               | Flying is the Pitts
See:    http://acro.harvard.edu/ACRO
and:    http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING