ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Pitts Ditch

From: Wbfinagin at cs.com

Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 04:33:46 UTC

Message:

       Just to let everyone know, I am fine.  No injury to either myself or
my student. We had an engine failure of some unknown orgin at this time and
had to land the New Pitts S2C in the South River near Annapolis, Maryland.
There was no suitable land area close enough with out risking hitting a home
or dwelling of some type.
       I might just recount this in the future for all those who wonder what
happens when the plane hits the water.  We will show you the pictures in the
future.
             For now I have to get ready for an Airshow tomorrow, so more
later.

                                                       Bill Finagin