ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts Ditch

From: "Doug Carter" <douglcarter at hotmail.com>

Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 00:20:14 UTC

<P><BR><BR></P>Rumors that Bill was wearing a scuba mask while flying the airshow today are entirely untrue.  Watching the two outstanding flights today you would never have know about the ditching... other than the faint squelching sounds from his shoes...</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>----Original Message Follows----
<DIV></DIV>From: Wbfinagin at cs.com
<DIV></DIV>To: acro at gf24.de
<DIV></DIV>Subject: [Acro] Pitts Ditch
<DIV></DIV>Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:29:44 EDT
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Just to let everyone know, I am fine. No injury to either myself or
<DIV></DIV>my student. We had an engine failure of some unknown orgin at this time and
<DIV></DIV>had to land the New Pitts S2C in the South River near Annapolis, Maryland.
<DIV></DIV>There was no suitable land area close enough with out risking hitting a home
<DIV></DIV>or dwelling of some type.
<DIV></DIV>I might just recount this in the future for all those who wonder what
<DIV></DIV>happens when the plane hits the water. We will show you the pictures in the
<DIV></DIV>future.
<DIV></DIV>For now I have to get ready for an Airshow tomorrow, so more
<DIV></DIV>later.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Bill Finagin