ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: AWAC -> No 2K2 US AWAC Team

From: BenEllis at aol.com

Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 11:51:55 UTC

Message:

  Hi Larry,
We're very sorry to hear of your decision not to come to Slovenia this year.
I certainly hugely enjoyed being with the US team in the Czech Republic in
'99.
We took a family holiday in Slovenia in '98 whilst I attended the European
Avanced Champs at Murska Sobota and aside from having a brilliant time we
felt at NO stage was our personal security threatened at all. (Unfortunately
not something that can be said in Florida!) I would suggest that those who
feel that US or UK citizens are at greater risk in Slovenia than at home are
sadly, badly misinformed.
I guess it's too late for you guys to change your mind and of course matters
such as aircraft availability are an issue - but no more so than the one
we'll face when coming over to the States.
We'll miss you,
Best regards,
Ben Ellis
British Aerobatic Association