ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Landing Pitts

From: Steve Pennypacker <spenny at bellatlantic.net>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:09:30 UTC

Message:

  Wimps.  All of you, wimps!

In the rainforest I fashioned stone tools to cut a landing zone through the
trees.  Lost my arms wrestling a tiger for dinner (he was delicious) when
it was about ten feet wide, so I cleared the low lying brush with my teeth.
 Flew the approaches knife-edge, holding the stick with my knees.  Landed
on 3 parallel logs to keep the wheels from sinking into the muck.  Had to
dodge the purple spotted African spiny six-fingered tree toads that would
invariably perch on the logs.  They're endangered you know.

But the real bitch was refining the crude oil I dug out of the ground to
make fuel.