ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Landing Pitts

From: "Virginia M. Jacobson" <virginia at odysseypub.com>

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:31:07 UTC

Message:

Dear Steve

I'm not one to brag but when I was not more than a wee lass I joined
an expedition to photograph the rare Amazonian Cuss Cuss. While flying
low along the Amazon river with my colleague Sir Regional Pittafore
the engine in our S2B suddenly quit and I was forced to make an
emergency landing along the bank of the Amazon. After lining up two
alligators I made a perfect wheel landing and use the gators as skies
to the rivers shore. Once we stopped on the bank Sir Regional and
myself climbed out of our trusty steed only to be confronted by
Pygmies shooting  poisonous darts. Dear Reggie took one in the leg and
I was forced to throw him over my shoulder and hi tail it into the
jungle. I carried Sir Regional on my back for a day and a half until
we came along a small tribe of head hunters. These weren't your normal
run of the mill head hunters no, these were greatly feared
entrepreneur head hunters. They weren't interested in shrunken heads
they had many of them around and they proved difficult to trade. They
were more into DVD's and Walkmans. Realizing what grave danger we were
now in Sir Regional quickly pulled from his back pack a new Sony TV,
not just any TV I might add but a beautiful 19" Trinitron! Much to our
relief the tribal leader was very pleased and stared at what a
wonderful thing lay before his feet and thought of what he could do
when they harnessed electricity. The tribal witch doctor cured dear
Reggie of the poison that cursed through his veins with a simple
potion and a bill for 50 pounds. After all medicine doesn't come cheap
when you are deep in the jungle. With a few beads, trinkets and
Reggies Rolex we were able to barter for a few liters of petrol and be
off on our way in search of the rare Cuss Cuss.