ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Low time pilot needs insurance for ...

From: "David Magaw" <dmagaw at att.net>

Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 03:21:28 UTC

Message:

  I am buying an S1S, and I have about 240 hour TT, but 180 of that is in
taildraggers, and about 10 hours dual in the front seat of an S2B (recent).
Both me and my instructor feel that I am basically ready to fly the S1S with
another refresher just before I get it (in a week or two).  I got insurance
on the S1S through the Falcon agency that was reasonable in my opinion--$750
for liability and another $750 for $10000 hull coverage.  I didn't insure
the hull for the replacement cost obviously as I am willing to bear some of
the loss in such an unfortunate (and hopefully unlikely) event.  IMHO you
definitely need more taildragger time or perhaps 20 hours in an S2B.  At
Attitude Aviation where I am taking lessons, I think they require 20 hours
or more to solo a Pitts S2B.

Dave