ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Low time pilot needs insurance for ...

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith"<petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 16:15:41 UTC

Message:

Ok, I probably fell into that category when I first started thinking of
buying my Pitts.

The bottom line is that I could not get insurance without 60hrs tail dragger
time and about 25hrs dual in type. This was through Avemco. Most other
insurance companies would not even consider me. I did close to 30 hrs
circuits and advanced spin training in B's and A's before I soloed my T.

What you may find is that the policy will be easier to get if your 25hrs is
with somebody well known for turning out safe Pitts pilots. I know that it
made a difference to me because my primary instructor (Gerry Younger of
Kitchener/Waterloo) is well known to them.

Cheers,

Peter Ashwood-Smith