ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Low time pilot needs insurance for ...

From: "Herman Dierks" <hdierks at ev1.net>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:35:12 UTC

Message:

  David, under insuring your aircraft is a very risky thing to do.
Any damage close to 10K and the insurance co will keep the plane and give
you the 10K (assuming you file a claim).  Lets say the plane is worth 30K.
 You have just lost 20K in the deal.
I guess in this case you would not file a claim, but then the insurance has
not done you much good.
We all hate to buy insurance but if you do you should buy it for the
correct value (not over or under insure).
I can see where a note holder (bank) may be happy that their interest is
covered.
Its usually not that much more to insure for full value.
AOPA has had some good insurance articles on this in the past.
Herman