ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Low time pilot needs insurance for ...

From: Jim Klick <klick at aps.anl.gov>

Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 17:55:47 UTC

Message:

  Paul,

I had a few thousand TT, 500 or so Tailwheel( before an endorsement
was required), but Zero Pitts time.
Forest agency said they would cover me only after a minimum 10 hour
checkout, and logbook endorsement by a CFI.

Fortunately, my CFI/Pitts checkout pilot was Doug Partl, who is well
known to Forest, so the process went smoothly.

I said the PROCESS went smoothly. Not so the landings.
She still humbles me at times. Usually when a crowd is watching.

Jim Klick
S1S N9JT