ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Pitts Bungees - What size?

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 02:17:52 UTC

Message:

  I am stuck on this one. I would like to change the
bungees since I have the engine off and I am seeing
something in Aircraft Spruce that is puzzling me.

Page 214 - "MIll Fresh Shock Rings"
 1280-HD (3/4 * 8) 950# need 4 - These are for the S-2
series

1380 (13/16 * 8) 1160# need 4 - These are for the S1,
S1-C, S1-S

My question is why are they using the lighter bungees
on the heavier aircraft and can I put the S-2
(lighter) ones on my S-1? The dampening is VERY tight
on landings.

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495