ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: FW: Judging, JPF's, et. al.

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 22:29:25 UTC

Message:

In a message dated 5/29/02 7:17:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
splitimage.lead at verizon.net writes:

> This is how I check my own performance when I judge. I get my total "raw"
> score for each pilot and I determine MY order of finish.  Then I compare it
> to the final standings. If I don't have the best three pilots finishing at
> the top of my list, and the worst at the bottom, something is wrong-

I kind of agree with Ron here. The ultimate goal is to rank the pilots
correctly in any given flight. The JPF seems arcane to me...I can't seem to
wrap my mind around it. Reminds me of reading Stephen Hawkings' stuff. Seems
simple 'till you think about it. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing if I rank
the pilots in the same order, approximately, as other judges, and I also want
to know if I have any bias that I don't know about, for or against a
particular pilot, plane, etc. I think I'll look back at the last local
contests results and scratch my head about it.

Doug Sowder