ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Where to get polyurethane Haigh tai ...

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:32:51 UTC

Message:

  Aircraft Spruce does sell the wheels, however the
bearings in them are JUNK (unsealed, roller skate
type). The whell itself is just like the original
Haigh. It is not a big deal to pop out the bearings
and replace with sealed.

--- Ron Saglimbene <splitimage.lead at verizon.net>
wrote:
> For all of you who asked me to pass on the
> information:
>
> Source- R&K industries
> Phone 800 842 7655
> Fax 510 234 1923
> e-mail http://www.rkwheels.com
>
> Wheel comes in red polyurethane
> 	Part numbers:
> 	Wheel 4"x 1 1/2"               3104112
> 	Core                           C004112AB
> 	Sealed bearing 5/8"x 1 3/8"    SBB58138
> Cost- about $33-  less if you buy more
>
> These wheels last pretty much indefinitely, but they
> give a harder ride than
> the black rubber ones.
>
> R&K also sells the black rubber wheels for the
> Haigh, but you can probably
> do better on the price by buying those from Aircraft
> Spruce.

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495