ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Service Life of MT Propellers

From: "Andrew Boyd" <aboyd at igs.net>

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:09:49 UTC

Message:

> However if the aircraft is used only for "unlimited level competition flying"
> then the TBO is reduced to two years.
>
> The practicality is this restriction will only apply to a small number of aircraft
> in the world.

Admittedly as something of a non sequitor, I am reminded of Bill Clinton's
testimony on the precise definition of sex ....

Wouldn't an airshow pilot easily place the same (if not greater) gyroscopic
forces on the propeller?  What about an advanced pilot with an aggressive
free?  How about aircraft used for (power-on) spin training? What about
pilots that just like to tumble recreationally?

I'm just not sure how the propellor, when faced with the same loads, is
going to be able to tell the difference.

--
aboyd at igs.net   ATP