ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Push up hammers

From: Klein Gilhousen <kleing at qualcomm.com>

Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:44:57 UTC

Message:

  Today I was out practicing the Advanced known sequence in my Extra.  There
are two push up hammerheads in this sequence.  I've been trying to keep my
negative g exposure to a minimum so I was only pushing about -2.75 g.  With
a 120 knot entry speed (the preceding figures only give me about this much)
I am going about 70 kts once I achieve the vertical.  The problem is that
when I kick it doesn't seem to want to go.  On a normal hammerhead, I
normally kick when the airspeed hits 40 knots indicated.  This gives a
nice, consistent pivot.  But kicking at 40 knots after a push up seems not
to be working very well.  I was pivoting to the left in both cases.  So
what's up with this?

Klein Gilhousen, IAC 21489
Bozeman, MT