ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: IAC President's Resignation

From: John Cornwell <jwcornwell at usa.net>

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:39:29 UTC

Message:

  I would hope that Rob Dorsey continued to write Stick & Rudder.  I would also
welcome authors like John Morrissey.  There aren't many folks who posess both
a talent for writing and a thorough understanding of aerobatics.  We need all
we can get.

I hope that whoever is responsible for the content of SA puts politics aside
and makes editorial decisions based solely on the quality of the magazine.  To
do otherwise would be to deprive the membership of a substantial resource for
entirely self-serving reasons.  There is no doubt that Rob wrote interesting
and informative articles.  If he is willing to continue writing them, I want
to continue reading them.

I don't have an opinion on Rob's resignation because I don't have all the
facts and never will.  Arguing over who did what to whom is a waste of time
and energy.  Rob resigned, the Board will pick a successor to fill Rob's
unexpired term, and then we will elect another president.  Let's get on with
it.

"Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess70 at earthlink.net> wrote:
"Stick and Rudder" fans - Never Fear!

Former IAC President Rob Dorsey has claimed "Stick and Rudder" as his own;
however, the Sport Aerobatics column "Stick and Rudder" has been authored by
others, including John Morrissey and the late Sam Burgess.

So for those of you who worry that you're going to miss out on "Stick and
Rudder", relax.  I don't think that "Stick and Rudder" is going anywhere, it
will simply be authored by somebody else.

I just re-read John Morrissey's "Stick and Rudder" article in the February
1998 issue of "Sport Aerobatics" (yes I'm one of those who has the annual
bound volumes) and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I hope that he and others will
continue the "Stick and Rudder" column.  I'd personally love to see a
different author each month so that I can gain different perspectives rather
than a permanent author for the column.

Anyway, just thought I'd bring that to light.

Take care,
Allyson Parker-Lauck
IAC 15590