ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Canopus 13

From: aerobatik at att.net

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:40:21 UTC

Message:

  Can anyone direct me to a good source to purchase
Texaco Canopus 13?

We are having the Terre Haute Air Fair in Terre Haute,
Indiana July 12 - 14 at KHUF. Evidently the USAF
THUNDERBIRDS require a 55 gallon drum of the stuff per
plane for each sortie. And they'll be flying many times
over the three day period. So we'll need LOTS of it.

They have a requirement that the smoke oil meet a
milspec 1010 MIL L 6081.  Anyone know af a potential
substitute that meets this standard?

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Of course you're all
invited to attend if your in the area.  Fly in's are
welcome. Gene Soucy, Jim Leroy, and WAYNE HANDLEY are
on the schedule, besides the Golden Knights and many
other performers. 6.5 hours of acts and demos.

Matt Throckmorton
Terre Haute Air Fair Flunky