ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: M14P tool

From: "Herman Dierks" <hdierks at ev1.net>

Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 02:13:32 UTC

Message:

You can easily make your own. Thats what I did.
 Just buy a 14 mm auto spark plug.  Knock the insulator off and knock out
the center.
 Slip in a bolt in the center, I don't recall what size but what ever size
fits inside where the insulator was, maybe about 3 inch long bolt.
 Grind the end round so it will not damage the piston.   Figure out how
long it needs to be so the piston is maybe 20 degrees from TC when it would
contact it.   Mark it and then braze the bolt inside the plug.
Then simply thread this into the spark plug hole in # 4 cylinder when you
know the piston is on compression stroke.  I guess you know what to do with
it if you are asking.

Herman