Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Nationals Pre-Registration/Practice Sch ...

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Nationals Pre-Registration/Practice Sch ...

Thread: [Acro] Nationals Pre-Registration/Practice Sch ...

Message: [Acro] Nationals Pre-Registration/Practice Schedule

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess70 at earthlink.net>

Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:25:57 UTC

Hi all,

It's that time again!  Nationals is just around the corner.  This year's contest will be September 22-28 at Grayson County Airport.  Your Contest Director this year will be BJ Boyle.  You all know BJ as the world's greatest Chief Technical Monitor.  But this year he's trading in his wrench to wear the CD's hat.  For general contest questions, please contact BJ at BJ.Boyle at Verizon.net.

Pre-Registration for the 2002 Nationals is now available.  Pre-registration has its perks!  First, for those who want, press releases will be sent from the IAC to your local media.  Second, you will be polled to select the judges for the competition.  And third, you get to reserve a practice slot in advance!  To be eligible for the first two perks, you MUST pre-register before July 22nd!  Pre-registration will continue to be offered after July 22nd, but you will not get the advance media exposure, and you will not be polled to select the judges.  But you will still be eligible to sign up for available practice slots.

I've volunteered to help BJ with the practice schedule.  Even though last year's practice was largely weathered out, the logistics worked out well, so we'll be doing it very similarly this year with a few small changes.  First change is that instead of just having practice on Saturday and Sunday, practice will also be offered on Friday.  The other change is that instead of only having 10-minute practice slots, the time slots will be 15-minutes each.

Practice and registration will begin on Friday, September 20th.  Practice begins at 7:30 AM (sunrise is at 7:15 AM), and the last slot is at 7:00 PM (sunset is around 7:20 PM).  Same schedule for Saturday.  On Sunday, practice will begin at 7:30 AM, but will end at noon, after which the Unlimited Known will be flown.  Each pre-registrant will be awarded a single 15-minute practice slot.  Open slots will be held for on-site registrants.  Additionally, pre-registrants need to be on site, and be completely registered and teched by no later than 1 hour before their scheduled slot.  Those who have morning practice slots on Friday will be able to register on Thursday evening.

So, how do you pre-register?

1 - Go to the IAC Website at www.iac.org, and in the column on the left under "The Latest Headlines", click the link that says "Register Online for the U.S. Nationals".

2 - Download and print the PDF file containing the pre-registration form and fax it to Sue Christensen at FAX: 920/426-6865.

3 - A couple of times per week, I'll be forwarded the updated list, and I'll contact you by email letting you know what slots are available, and ask for your preferences for times.  Please wait until I email you before sending me your preferences.  I'll send the updated practice list to Lisa Popp at IAC Headquarters once a week with the updated practice list, and she will post that to the IAC Website.

You can either pay your entry fee up front, or you can pay on site.  Anyone who pays in advance will be given a full refund if you are unable to attend the contest.  Up-front payment helps the Contest Director have some seed money to pay for necessities, but again, it's up to you whether to pay now or later.

Again, I'm just handling the practice schedule, so please contact BJ Boyle or Lisa Popp at IAC Headquarters for other general questions.

Take care,
Allyson Parker-Lauck
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn