ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Helpful Suggestions

From: Stephen Seidel <thinairltd at earthlink.net>

Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 12:07:40 UTC

Message:

It's certainly easier to complain and throw darts than to offer up
concise and helpful suggestions. For that I applaud you.

Your idea of clinics has merit to bring the larger acro community
together. We probably all know of a dozen pilots around us who have
aerobatic airplanes that either no longer competete or never intend to.
This could prove to be a golden opportunity to include these folks and
help grow the sport.

Perhaps one of these clinics could be combined with the many Airport
appreciation days that local airports and FBOs  put on.  Or an afternoon
rally, much the way the antique and hot rod car clubs have. Both these
events could be advertised using sponsor's  byline tags, and it may help
bring us together and  promote public awareness of the sport.

Stephen Seidel
MidHudson Aerobatic Club
IAC 52