ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Ladies: Please ignore the Acro jerk

From: Klusmanp at aol.com

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 04:55:38 UTC

Message:

  To all the ladies on the list,

Please ignore the 6th grader posing as "mick mick". When I see such rampant
abuse against women by angry, insecure males I have to do something to try to
restore your faith in the rest of us.

I, for one, am delighted to see more ladies in aviation. I've been an
airplane nut (nerd) my whole life. All through highschool, college, and now
in the workplace (aerospace engineering) I have been disappointed at the
guy/girl ratio in aviation.

Certainly the bigots out there are not helping things so you must know that
there are many men out there like myself who appreciate you ladies. It does
bother "mick mick" that you are interested in flying. It bothers him that
Curtis Pitts designed the very first Pitts Special for a woman (Betty
Skelton, I believe?). It bothers him that Patty Wagstaff is a better pilot
than he will ever be (good piloting skills take a bit of maturity). It
bothers him that I was able to double check the spelling of Patty's name by
finding it in the very first "Sport Aviation" I looked in. It bothers him
that women fly everything from Cubs to fighter jets to space shuttles.

Perhaps he will do himself and the rest of us a favor and seek some therapy.
In the mean time, please stay with us - if for no reason other than to show
this jerk that you will not be run off by his childish rantings.

Paul Klusman