ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts gear leg fairings, cracking p ...

From: RIHNAIRCO at aol.com

Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 05:09:02 UTC

Message:

My T also had the same problems.  Foam packing helped, but even then one
replacement lasted only 2 hours before cracking.  The problem was solved by
welding on some leading edge supports to the forward portion of the gear leg.
 My airplane was in the Experimental Category so it didn't require a 337 to
do this.
Dick Rihn