ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Pitts gear leg fairings, cracking p ...

From: Dave Swartz <djswartz at bellsouth.net>

Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 05:13:40 UTC

Message:

My S2B had similar problems with the gear fairings that ultimately required
that they be replaced.  The new ones were installed with more duct tape padding
than the factory used, in addition to the foam padding to making sure that
there was no play in the assembly.  I trimmed off some of the material at the
bottom of the skin that sometimes made contact with the brake caliper to reduce
the wear action taking place at the contact point.  The replacements are still
in good shape after 1000 hours.

Dave Swartz
Fort Lauderdale, Florida