ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Alternate modes of spin recovery

From: mike.torbett at honeywell.com

Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:57:09 UTC

Message:

  Doug,

    When I was practicing rudder-less spin recovery I was keeping my feet
off of the pedal and did not try to account for the effect the rudder return
spring might have. That would be easy to test however as on the 2A the
cables run right by my hands. I could easily grab one and pull on it to
relieve the spring tension and thus simulate the effect of a broken cable.
As you say though, the springs as weak and exert little force - I would be
surprised if they made any difference but its easy enough to verify.

    Actually, I think this is exactly the kind of thing you should try at
home !

Best regards,
Mike