ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] noise complaints

From: Ithirtz at aol.com

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:22:40 UTC

Message:

  I have been receiving a lot of flack in the media due to a few people
"complwhining" about noise from my Pitts S2-B when I perform aerobatics. The
area I fly in is rural, and totally legal. I fly high at 2500 - 4000 feet,
but do like to tumble.

I am wondering if anybody else gets complaints and if so how do you deal with
it.

I call back all complainers who leave their number. The FAA has investigated
my flying and tell me I'm completely legal, however, still call me everytime
someone calls with a complaint. It has gotten so bad that now I get called
for every plane complaint and blamed even when it's not my plane!

Help!
Kathy