ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: noise complaints

From: "Jones" <darwin.jones at mchsi.com>

Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:22:15 UTC

Message:

  I live a a very noise sensitive area. In fact, a few people in the area have
made threats even for aircraft flying over their homes at reasonable and
legal altitudes(non-acro c-152types).   Early on the airport tried to answer
all calls and tell the people that they would do something about even when
the couldn't.  This just got the people calling more.  They kept wondering
why nothing is being done.  The FAA has been called and they now know me by
name and my acro  mount ( I told them) and of course very familar with the
c-152 training and they (FAA) don't bother to call us.  They know that our
c-152 training is legal and that my acro is legal.
Now days the airport just listens and records the calls. the calls are now
slowing down. in the mean time we try to be good neighbors doing all the
things that we have always done to minimize noise and not flying over the
same spot for long peroids. The Sheriff is occasionally called about a low
flying aircraft. These are takeoff and landing aircraft so the sheriff comes
out to the airport, says he has to do it and leaves.  Of course, this is
nothing more than harassment by the complainers who live near the airport.
These complainers are so unreasonable that talking to them does no good. So
don't burn yourself out trying.

BTW the airport has called the proper authorities regarding threats.

Darwin Jones